A call for Membership…
ABCD Network would like welcome everyone who is interested in becoming a member.
Why should I become a member?
- If you care for the community
- If you want to do something and get involved
- If you want to be part of the Executive Committee of the ABCD Network
- If you want to nominate and vote who your EC representatives are
- If you want to have a say in what the ABCD Network will be doing
- If you want to be involved in the ABCD Network's future direction and projects
Achievements of ABCD Network in 2007/2008?
Australia Burma Community Development Network is a non-profit, volunteer based organization aimed at helping the Burmese community. We also aim to bring the community together in a unified approach. In the previous year, our activities include:-
- Career Development Seminar
- Organizing, sorting and arranging 7x20ft shipping containers filled with relief goods for the victims of Cyclone Nargis.
- Burma Showcase and Cyclone Nargis Support Day at Darling Harbour
- Books Project- (continuing…)
- Burma Cyclone Nargis Appeal- fundraising over $100,000 (to date)
Our future projects…
We aim to undertake the following projects in the future:-
- Internet and computer workshops
- Opening a community center
- Eye care projects in Burma (with Fred Hollows Foundation and others)
- Cyclone Nargis aftermath rebuilding projects
- Children's orphanages
- Mentoring program
- Refugee and migrant support programs (to help them settle in Australia)
- Education programs.
How do I become a member?
Becoming a member is easy. Here's a quick overview of the steps involved…
1. Fill in the membership application form (click here to download or get a copy from one of our EC members).
2. Pay the fees- $11 ($1- one off joining fee plus $10 annual membership fee).
You can pay the membership fee by either of the following methods:
- depositing the money to our bank account
Account Name: ABCD Network Incorporated
BSB: 112 879
Account No.: 419 551 506
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already an existing member, you only have to pay the $10 annual membership fee to renew your existing membership. Please do not assume that you are a member before confirming with May Sithu Aung as some people still have missing requirements!
3. Contacting us at email@example.com (our membership coordinator) to notify that you have both filled in the membership form and made payment.
4. Your membership will either get approved/rejected.
5. If your application is rejected, you will receive a written notification of the reasons why, otherwise you will not hear from us regarding your membership until it is time to renew again.
For further information please visit www.abcdnetwork.org.au or for membership specific information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.